Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

conditionally required field

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is it possible to make a field required based on another fields input at run time?

I appreciate any help.

Labels: (1)
11 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: conditionally required field

Jump to solution

Yes - use the Validation rule type when creating your form rule and you should be able to achieve this requirement.   As an alternative you can also write a Custom Validation rule with Javascript to achieve this, but first try the built in rules editor and Validation Rule type to accomplish this before getting into anything more complex.

Thanks,

Mike

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

So I can do something like

IF FieldX = 1 or FieldX = 2, then make FieldY required ?

I don’t know what the right syntax would look like for making a field required with if statements.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Tell me what type of controls you are validating (text box..choice...) and I'll see if I can point you in the right direction?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have a dropdown field with 10+ values, I need a textbox to be required if certain values are picked from the dropdown.

Let’s call Dropdown field = FieldX and the text field to be FieldY.

I appreciate your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

FieldX == "One" || FieldX == "Three"

*remember to use the Named Control tab to insert the references to FieldX - and remember to put this rule of type "Validation" on the Text box  In my example, if either the Value selected equals One or the value equals Three, the text box becomes required.

Hope that helps!

Mike

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I don’t see rule type “Validation”. I only have the option to use custom validation. I assume I am on an older version of the software ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

That could true, can you verify your version by going to the Help menu in the designer and click on the about and post that here?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Version: 1.4.1.0

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Hey Gursel Ceker‌ check out Nintex Forms 2010 - Release Notes  you are a few versions behind..

You can download the latest version from here Product Downloads  if you are registered as a customer with valid SA.. if you have valid SA and can't get to this page, simply send a job into support to get your username updated.. See this post that explains it a little better