How do I show the mobile number from user's AD?
I am using the calculation field on a form with folloing syntax: userProfileLookup(Current User,"telephoneNumber") but it remains blank .... in the AD my mobile number is stored under telephoneNumber.
I also tried the "CellPhone" instead but nothing is displayed. Any suggestions?
Solved! Go to Solution.
1. Have you verified that the field contains data?
2. If you have access to do this check under User profile service in CA if these fields are populated on user profiles.
I could be mistaken but I think the User profile lookup function looks up the profile from SharePoint and not directly from AD.
3. Try using the Field Name as displayed in SharePoint and not internal Property name from AD, I did a few tests and found that if I use the property name as displayed in SP, AND it contains a value in my SharePoint profile, it returns the correct value:
You are right
It does pull the info from the SP instead of the AD.
I just checked my profile on SP and the Mobile Phone Number was blank which I have now updated.
This means, every user need to maintain that field manually ... thought it gets the info from the AD.
After manually entering my mobile number in my Profile in SharePoint and using userProfileLookup(Current User,"CellPhone") now the mobile number appears. However, for some reason the "0" zero is missing ...