cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Workflow performance improvement and load reduction

This document indicates common SharePoint errors and performance limitations that affect Nintex Workflow, such as issues lengthening workflow processing, publishing, and starting times, as well as errors such as "Failing to start (retrying)." The document provides guidance on identifying, addressing, and preventing performance issues.

Labels: (1)
4 Replies
allan48728
Nintex Newbie

Re: Workflow performance improvement and load reduction

On page 14 of 25 in the section "5.5 Amount of inaccessible data being logged as workflow history" it says, "To be safe, do the same for any workflow action that is included in the sub-process that makes up the workflow action, so anything contained within the loop or within the 'For each' action."

I just want to let anyone reading this know that I tested and confirmed that disabling the history at the PARENT level action is adequate. You don't need to "be safe" and do it for all child actions that are within the parent container (the parent container being an "Action set" or a "Loop" or any other action container).

You can test this by disabling the history at the parent level action, and by creating another parent action with child actions that are enabled and disabled for history. This article could be better had they confirmed this in their testing and added this detail -- it could save readers a lot of time.

Highlighted
akrasheninnikov
Nintex Newbie

Please add info from the  post

0 Kudos
orderofblessing
Nintex Newbie

Hi on page 24 the query is mentioning 'Activities' table in the Nintex database.

I could not see that table, Please update the correct table name.

0 Kudos
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hi Mian, the document incorrectly states to run the query for the Content database. Please run the query for the Config database instead as the Activities table is in the config database. We're in the process of updating the documentation on this community page and will  comment again when the document is replaced with the corrected version. Thanks!

0 Kudos