cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Why does the Nintex Form in existing wf tasks not update after updating the FlexiTask Nintex Form?

For a workflow I created Nintex Forms on a few Flexi-Tasks. Which worked like a charm. Now I've made a few corrections on the form, save it and published the workflow again. Existing workflow tasks with the Nintex Form don't seem to be updated; unfortunately this is on a production system and I haven't been able to check if new task do have the changes.

Does anyone have info to resolve this?

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: Why does the Nintex Form in existing wf tasks not update after updating the FlexiTask Nintex For

everytime you publish a workflow, its new version is created. and it applies just to new workflow instances.

running workflow instances continue to run with the workflow version they were started with.

the only way,  if you want an item to be approved by new workflow/task/taskform, is to (re)start new workflow instance on it

0 Kudos
jpmhuls
Nintex Newbie

Re: Why does the Nintex Form in existing wf tasks not update after updating the FlexiTask Nintex For

Hi @emha,

The workflow part I already knew, but thank you anyway for the reminder. It's the Nintex Form on on workflow tasks I'm "struggling" with. For example a lable needs its height fixed on the existing tasks to show all lines of text. How can I change this for existing tasks without republishing the workflow?

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

simply you cannot.

you cannot change task form layout/design without publishing new workflow version. and new workflow version applies just for new workflow instances.

0 Kudos