cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Which nintex job helps run the nintex workflows (SP2013-Nintex 2013)? I have simple nintex workflow with 2 pause commands of 5 min and 7 min but workflow is running for 20 mins. Can we configure somewhere in nintex to reslove this?

Jump to solution

Which nintex job helps run the nintex workflows(SP2013-Nintex 2013)? I have simple nintex workflow with 2 pause commands of 5 min and 7 min but workflow is running for 20 mins. Can we configure somewhere in nintex to reslove this?

And it increases with the increase in numbers of pause(difference is huge)

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Which nintex job helps run the nintex workflows (SP2013-Nintex 2013)? I have simple nintex workflow with 2 pause commands of 5 min and 7 min but workflow is running for 20 mins. Can we configure somewhere in nintex to reslove this?

Jump to solution

I´m not sure but I think the Nintex Workflow Scheduler Job which is out of the box configured with 5 minutes.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Re: Which nintex job helps run the nintex workflows (SP2013-Nintex 2013)? I have simple nintex workflow with 2 pause commands of 5 min and 7 min but workflow is running for 20 mins. Can we configure somewhere in nintex to reslove this?

Jump to solution

You can check this in Central Admin -> Monitoring -> Review job definitions -> Nintex Workflow Scheduler to check how often this has been configured to run. It will also show you when it last ran.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The Nintex Workflow Scheduler Job is actually what starts site workflows that run on a scheduler.  If that's where your issue is than that's the job to look for in Central Admin -> Monitoring -> Review job definitions.

It sounds to me like you've got an issue with the timer inside of the workflow.  That is controlled by the SharePoint Workflow Timer, same area in central admin, different job, this one is just called "Workflow" it defaults to 5 minutes. Be aware of the possible resource implications to speeding it up, as the timer runs more often = more overhead. 

Also as an aside if these actions are within a loop or a state machine there is a hidden delay also added if you have safe looping on. 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thanks Mark, that´s right! This was the timer Job I meant....

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

you should also check the amount of items in your NintexWorkflowHistoryList. To keep your system performing quit when you do heavy workflow usage, use nwadmin-tool. There are three operations, you should use: SyncTerminatedWorkflows, PurgeWorkflowHistory and PurgeWorkflowData - in this order!

Otherwise, you could run into list-threshold or database-timeouts or endless time a workflow needs to comeback from a pause.

Regards,

Markus

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Ravikumar Pausupuleti‌, 

I know this is an old thread but..have the answers in this thread been helpful? If yes, could you mark one as correct?

In addition I can link you the following documents about pause: Workflows not continuing - Timer Service and Delays that could help people understand better this topic.

Giacomo

0 Kudos