cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Update Item error- Request Failed [object Object]

Hi Guys,

Recently we have created a new share point site for Hongkong. This site has been creating from the backup of existing uk site, as hongkong site should resemble the same as uk site. as part of this backup all the lists & libraries, workflows & infopath forms have been exported to new site.

I can see couple of issues on Hongkong site workflows.

out of them one is issue with Nintex workflow action "Update item" &"Update multiple items" &"Create item in another site". When i try to select the value of current item, or any SharePoint list or library items, i am getting following errors & i couldn't get any value to select from the "Field". This issue with only few workflows for remaining workflows it works well.

I thought it might be memory size issue, so i have increased SharePoint memory to 8gb to 16gb, but still i couldn't see any difference.

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Re: Update Item error- Request Failed [object Object]

• Just check in the developer tolls if it is trying to call any service which is causing an error.
  • Is the site calling any WCF service? If yes then check the SSL certificates
  • If no then try to create a new workflow with only one action of "Update Item" and check if it works
Not applicable

hi aditya,

Thanks for your heads up on this.

I  tried to create new workflow with this it also getting same problem when update item or create item in another site has been added. and from these if i try to set value of field from other list/library it throws the error.

i am not calling any WCF services from these actions. just trying to set the field value

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

The issue seems to be with migration and not related to Nintex.Check the post for few suggestions

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/101880/serviceactivationexception-500-posting-newsfeed

0 Kudos
achilles_aditya
Nintex Newbie

Also check

SharePoint 2013 Error: Unexpected response from server. The status code of response is '500'. The st...

Have you check if the normal SharePoint operations are working fine

Not applicable

our infrastructure team worked on this solution but it didn't help us to fix the issue.

0 Kudos