cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

This action is using a form shared with other actions. would you like to edit a separate instance of the form?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I was customizing flexi task forms when I ran into the following popup stating:

This action is using a form shared with other actions. Would you like to edit a separate instance of the form?

I can't seem to get a good explanation on what happens when you pick one or the other.

Is there any content clearly stating what happens when you pick either one? and where the data for the form will be kept?

Any other things I should know which might be impacted by the choice you make?

Thx!

Best regards

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mlauer
Nintex Newbie

Re: This action is using a form shared with other actions. would you like to edit a separate instance of the form?

Jump to solution

from Nintex Workflow 2013 Helpfile:

Shared forms

When a workflow action using InfoPath is copied and pasted, the form will be shared by both

actions by default.

•  Prior to editing the form in InfoPath, Nintex Workflow will confirm if the form is to

remain a shared form or a separate instance of the form should be created. 

•  Clicking OK will create a copy of the shared form. Changes to the form from this point

onwards will apply only to this action. The original form will not be modified.

•  Clicking Cancel will edit the shared form. Changes will affect this action and all other

actions using this form.

This is not only for InfoPath but also for Nintex Forms.

Kind regards

Manfred

Not applicable

Re: This action is using a form shared with other actions. would you like to edit a separate instance of the form?

Jump to solution

Manfred,

Thanks for clearing things up.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

is there a way to manually configure flexi tasks to share a form?

eg. in case when I by mistake hit OK to make new copy and want to restore shared form.