cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

The event is being sent to Exchange Web Services without a time zone

Jump to solution

I have a calendar list app and the Nintex workflow action creates a calendar apt.

The event is being sent to Exchange Web Services without a time zone at all, so Exchange sends it back without a time zone. That is then handled by the regional settings on the calendar list, so it displays correctly on the outlook calendar in CT time. However, when you open it...the time and time zone are Monrovia, Reykjavik, I guess the calendar list item has no time zone information, so it defaults to the generic UTC time zone.

How can I get the time and time zone to display properly in outlook when they open the calendar appointment?

Labels: (2)
15 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: The event is being sent to Exchange Web Services without a time zone

Jump to solution

Emily,

I would look at the settings on the SharePoint and Exchange servers and how they are handling that request. Since Outlook is also doing some settings, the configuration would be on that side and not on SharePoint since its creating the events with no timezone option.

Try that and let me know if that helps.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Just to be sure: do you create a calendar appointment in Exchange using "Create appointment" action in Nintex Workflow?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Yes, our exchange guy seems to think it was caused by the last exchange update. It was working properly back in March when I look at calendar appointments created by a Nintex "create apt" action.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

So who are we blaming? Microsoft or Nintex

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Emily,

Have you gotten anywhere this issue as I have the same issue where I have a Training site where I use Nintex to Create calendar appointments. When I look at my calendar after signing up for a training class the workflow adds the calendar item and it looks ok on first glance but if you double click on the calendar appointment and open it up it's 4 hours later for the start time and shows Monrovia, Reykjavik. here's what my calendar looks like which is incorrect.

Is it possible to modify the Nintex workflow to send additional parameters to an  Exchange On-Premise system with the correct Time Zone?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I was able to resolve this issue by editing the Nintex Workflow Create Calendar Appointment Action and changing to 'Advanced' which shows the XML code and added the following XML entry:

<MeetingTimeZone TimeZoneName="Eastern Standard Time"/>

Now when double clicking to Open up the Calendar Item I do not see the invalid Monrovia, Reykjavik Timezone.

Hopefully it'll help someone else.

Frank

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Also make sure that if you are storing the date/time in a list, that the list column is set to date and time.

Mine was set to date only. After correcting this, the Monrovia time zone disappeared and it now uses the correct time zone.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Bill,

In my case the List column was set to date and time so that was not my issue.

I suspect that my solution is possibly specific to the Exchange 2010 level it is patched to as I believe at some point the XML entry I made for 'MeetingTimeZone' is deprecated possibly later on. I suspect if we upgrade Exchange to 2013/2016 that this Monrovia issue could potentially come back up requiring me to re-tweak my XML EWS code in the Nintex Workflow.

Thanks for your solution as it may help someone else down the road.

Frank

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Frank,

I just noticed you are using Exchange 2010.

I am using Exchange 2013 so you're probably correct.

Bill