cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Task Reminder dies silently

Jump to solution

What is "message to log on completion" and how do I use it in the context of a task reminder?  Alternately, what happens when a task reminder action times out?  What should happen?

I am on Nintex Workflow 2010/SharePoint 2010 but will be on 2013 probably in the near future.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Task Reminder dies silently

Jump to solution

Message to log on completion: Setting a value here will log a message in the workflow history when the action has completed.

Note: For a message to be logged on completion, the Enable custom history messages must be selected for the workflow in Workflow settings.

Can you please explain further about a task reminder timing out? I've never had an email notification from a task reminder time out in delivery. So I was wondering if you were referring to something else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

"Dies silently" means that if you don't put anything after the task reminder, you could wait forever for the parallel task to be complete. There are no reminders after the number you set in the action.

Jon Grunow

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

If you need to forever remind users of incomplete tasks every x days, then I would create a site workflow scheduled to run every x days and query for incomplete tasks and put the assignees into a collection. Then remove duplicates. Then email each one that they have incomplete tasks and give them a link to a webpart filtered to their tasks (using the my tasks nintex web part).

This way you will not have to rely on the reminders configuration of the task itself. You could probably turn  it to no reminders if this better fits your needs.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos