cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shuttjo
Nintex Newbie

Site workflow querying multiple lists

This sounds too simple to not be able to but, is there a way to build out a site workflow that queries multiple lists? Looking to build out via actions not CAML. I have back to back queries/for each programming but it always stops at the 2nd for each. Thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: Site workflow querying multiple lists

if you mean to query multiple lists but each list with its own action, then yes that;s possible.

but you cannot query multiple list from within single action.

0 Kudos
shuttjo
Nintex Newbie

Hi emha. I actually am inquiring about your first statement. Querying multiple lists with one workflow but seperate actions to each list.

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

as I mentioned this is not a problem at all ...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
shuttjo
Nintex Newbie

Would you mind giving me some pointers or direction on how to do this? Thanks

0 Kudos
nj
Nintex Newbie

I think you're making it too complicated with the for each, but then again, I'm making an assumption on minimal information. 

In order to query multiple lists with separate actions, you just have one query list action follower by another. 

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/nintex2016/current/#sp2016/Workflow/ActionsCore/QueryList.htm?

You can utilize the filter options if you want, or just pull all items in. Then you store the returned values into a variable. Then, if you want to query the second list based off the first list, you can use the variable results from query 1 to filter on query 2. Then you store those results in a different variable. 

For both you would store them in a collection if you're expecting multiple results, or (most likely) a single line variable.

0 Kudos
emha
Nintex Newbie

there is not any specific in using query list action.

you can use them, and as many as you need,  just like any other action.

if you have any problem with your design, you should provide more details what exactly you are doing and trying to achieve so that we could guess what's going on.

0 Kudos