cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Sending a Email to People or Group Field That Are Tagged In Mutiple Items

Hello,

I'm having trouble creating a Nintex workflow for a list. I have a list of companies in SharePoint 2013 that I trying to create relationships between. In doing this, each company has 4 statuses (choice field) (account team review, entitlement team review, master data review, and complete). Based upon the item's current status, I'm trying to send an email notification to people every Monday and Wednesday.

For example, John Doe is an account manager for 50 companies and he'll receive an email every Monday and Wednesday until he complete his task and he sets each companies status to the next step (entitlement team review). However, John will need to receive one email with a list of the items or companies he's be tasked to review.

Please help!

Thanks,

jpage3125

1 Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Sending a Email to People or Group Field That Are Tagged In Mutiple Items

Hello Jeffrey Page

This is manageable using Nintex! There is a lot going on here, so let's take it one step at a time.

You are going to want to create a site workflow that is scheduled to run every Monday and Wednesday. This workflow will query the required list for all items that are not "complete" (I am assuming you do not send emails on items that are marked complete, correct?) and store them into a collection variable.

Once you have all of you items, you will need to loop through them to determine what "status" is for each item and store them into yet another collection (one for each status). Once you have your status collections, simply loop through each collection, building one string (a human readable list of companies for each status), and send that string to your designated user or group.

I mocked it up and attached it here. I did not configure everything for you, so you will need to add in the list that you are quering, and determine what you want to store. If <TITLE> is unique, then use that, otherwise, you may need to get <ID>, and then grab status and title separately.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Hope this helps!