If the second item property is the one used as second term in the run if (from the screenshot, it could be also a variable with the same name ), yes, it's correctly configured..
Hello again Giacomo
I am still a tiny bit stuck with this. I have just re-tried the workflow & it is still stopping at the run if box. I have run both scenarios - inside/outside office hours & both times above the minimum threshold. It is still stopping at the run if box.
So i am totally stuck. What are the things i should be checking?
Could it be further back? IE the issue lies with the "set a condition" box?
Is this box correctly configured bearing in mind what i want to happen afterwards? The input form has this as a radio button - should i change this to an option - click a radio button against a yes or a no? will this make any difference?
Any ideas warmly welcome!
When you ran the workflow, what were the values for the variables that you logged in the history? You would see this on the workflow history that was mentioned earlier in the thread. That will let you know if the values that being passed to the Run If are what you are expecting.
Good morning Brendan
Hopefully i have found what you mention here. (Obviously this is a complete list of all of the columns in mt sharepoint list)
This is the workflow status for this particular job:
As you can see i have stalled at the WhatIf box. No matter what i do i cant get this to change.
I have updated my form so that the actual answers to the "office hours" question is a Yes/No rather than a True/False - but the same result.
I did see something on another site that had only the email notification inside the Runif "box" (or branch lines) The Flexitask was outside the branch. I am reluctant to try this as it feels wrong to do it that way as in my mind that means it will run the reject/approve process whether it decides to send an email or not - which is not what i want to do.
So, if i was getting back to basics, are we certain that the condition box is correct? Is this the best way to route this part of the workflow bearing in mind the actual initial question that has been posed? This question(s) is right at the top of this thread.
Its a real puzzler (for me at least!) this one & has been annoying me for a week now!
Not quite. What I was asking to see was the values that you are logging in history. Right before your Run If you have a Log in History List action. I'm assuming you're logging the Cost field. So what is that value when the workflow ran? From the pictorial workflow view, there is a link in the Workflow Information box that says "Click here to show detailed view". That will take you do the Workflow Details page, which will show you the values you are logging in the history when the workflow runs.
One other question. I noticed you are doing the comparison in your Run If to a value called "PGM Value of £8000". I'm assuming that is a variable you setup. Is that correct? How is that setup?
One other thing i have noticed. There are three following sections after this first one - all of which are working fine. The section after this one requires three approvals from three different areas.
Designed to be this way (by accident!), the section will only move on to the next AFTER all of the three areas have offered their approval.
This problematic first section will allow me to move on in all scenarios (i know as i have tried them all!) regarding office hours & values.
What it MUST do is NOT move on IF a managers authorisation is required.
I dunno if this is a clue as to why i am having so much trouble de-bugging this?......
I have managed to work out how to resolve this prolonged issue. I stumbled across it by trial and error.
In short i removed the "condition" as this simply didn't work. At one point it actually lost data in one of the pull down menus & forced me to replace it with a new one. The new one didn't work either but it got me thinking that i should re-think.
So this is what i did:
I replaced the condition with a run parallel actions & then added an "and" statement into the run if statement:
I did one for each side & also changed the value to a written figure of either 2500 or 8000 rather than referring to a column in my list.
Voila! it works!
When i run a test it seems to work fine. I did also establish that the Run If / AND statements need to be the right way round - IE outside office hours first & Value second. Logical really but it doesn't work if you reverse the order.
If anyone has an opinion on this approach & its possible pitfalls please let me know.....
All this does beg the question - why didn't the "condition" box work? Also why did the box actually fail & needed replacing? I will ask Nintex support for their opinion as it could be a local issue - I recently upgraded to Office 2016 & it has brought my work PC to its knees. For the time being i am also using sharepoint 2010 which will be upgraded sooner rather than later but i suspect the mixture of new & old software versions is causing many issues.
Thanks all for your unfailing support - onto the next issue!
Hi Peter, glad to know you've been able to solve your issues!!
If I was you, I'll surely contact Nintex support to know about ordering the conditions because, if you have just the two you've mentioned the order shouldn't count (in logics (A and/or B) is equal to (B and/or A))..if you have also additional conditions, that the order could have some impacts because there are no brackets (unfortunately) so it's not possible to give priority to condition evaluation..