cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Possible to make choices/list from list lookup

Jump to solution

Good day everyone. I have list lookup on the left side, an add item label button on the middle, and a multiline text on the right side.

My problem is, users will have a hard time configuring the multiline since I want them to be able to delete the items there easily. I want my multiline text (hostname/local zone) to have a list behavior where they can select items. Is there any workaround or a way in javascript to automatically highlight a row in multiline once it is clicked?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Possible to make choices/list from list lookup

Jump to solution

it's OOTB functionality of lookup control if you configure its 'Display format' to 'Multi select'

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

No no no.

The left side is already a multi-select, while the right side (Hostname/Local Zone) is just a multi-line textbox.

Is it possible that once I click add item button, all the selected values from the left side will save on a choice control? I want to create a more user-friendly approach so I could add another button control for deleting depending on what is selected on the right side.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I'm sorry, but I do not get what should be the difference to OOTB 'Multi Select' lookup control behavior...

could you explain what you do not like on it resp. resp. what you'd like to implement in a different way?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Wait, is that possible on Nintex form 365? Could you provide me step-by-step since I cannot seem to find out how to that, and it is the reason why I chose multi-line instead.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I do not have experience with O365, but looking at lookup control help pages it provides just the same list of display options as for on-prem, so I'd say it's possible on O365 either

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/o365/#o365/O365Forms/FormControls/ListLookupControl.htm%3FTocPath%3DWo... 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

That is what I'm using for the left list lookup. However, I cannot see how I could do that on the right side. It is looking for a specific list in sharepoint with a specific column as well.

I cannot find the logic on how to do this.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

how does the lookup control render when you use 'Default' display format?

It is looking for a specific list in sharepoint with a specific column as well.

do you mean you want to copy over values from one lookup field/control to the other lookup field/control?

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this? I am just facepalming myself right now for missing that add/remove crucial snippet in the documentation.

Thank you so much. You've always been a great help.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Although, I have another question

Could you a give me snippet on how to get add item/remove item, as well as the other list in javascript since this list lookup is inside a repeated section, and I try to avoid having duplicates per row.

0 Kudos