cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex Sharepoint Workflow: How to check each column for a specific value and email user if value is = X ?

Jump to solution

I have a 47 column SharePoint list - one column with a Username (Type Person/Group) each of the remaining columns has a choice menu of Yes, No or NA. I would like to email a list of column names to the user in column Username where the value in the respective column is a "No".

How can I do this using SharePoint 2013 and Nintex Workflow, thanks in advance ?

Tags (2)
4 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Sharepoint Workflow: How to check each column for a specific value and email user if value is = X ?

Jump to solution

You could use on the Office365 version, the next:

Create a variable and concatenate all your Choice columns, something like this:

yourVar= fn-If(fn-Contains(ChoiceControl1Value, "No"), " Choice1Included ", "") + fn-If(fn-Contains(ChoiceControl2Value, "No"), " Choice2Included ", "") + fn-If(fn-Contains(ChoiceControl3Value, "No"), " Choice3Included ", "")

0 Kudos
kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Re: Nintex Sharepoint Workflow: How to check each column for a specific value and email user if value is = X ?

Jump to solution

Hi Shubash Singh​,

Try the solution in my screenshots. This should do what you are describing. There may be more elegant ways to accomplish this but this is simple.

First, I created a Run If structure that evaluated a given field for the value "No", and added a build string action.

Configure the Run If to evaluate the first field...

Next configure the build string to add the field name, a comma and a space to the end of the text variable.

Now just copy this Run If mechanism for each field you need to capture.

Be sure to adjust the name of the field you are evaluating in the Run If configuration.

Also be sure to change the name of the field in the build string of each to reflect the field name you are looking at.

At the end, configure the email to go to the user in the first field and add the string variable to the body. Any trailing comma at the end of your string can be cleaned up in a substring function.

If this is helpful for answers your question, please mark it as such.

Regards,

Patrick Kelligan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I understand everything but the first two screen shots - maybe I'm just thick - can you elaborate ?

0 Kudos
kelliganp
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

No problem Shubash Singh​,

The first screenshot is evaluating one field for a "No" response. Yes and N/A will be ignored. If the first field is "No", it will add the field name to a string in the "build string" action. My fields were just named "Val 1", "Val 2", etc...

The second screenshot is just showing you how to configure the "Run If" action.

For each field in the list, you can make and configure one of these Run If" structures. The easiest way to do this is to configure the first, then copy/paste it for each field you need to evaluate. You will need to adjust each action to relate to the appropriate field.

Oh... and my concatenation in the third screenshot is incorrect. Do not use the ampersand. It is not needed.

0 Kudos