cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Nintex SQL query workflow action

Jump to solution

Hey,

I need help by the Nintex SQL query workflow action.

I have this SQL query:

Select ColumnA, ColumnB, ColumnC

From table

What can I do to receive all 3 columns in the output string from the Nintex SQL workflow action

Thanks for your help

Stefan

Labels: (1)
11 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Nintex SQL query workflow action

Jump to solution

You should use the Specify Column names option. This will allow you to provide the outputs per column and store them in separate collection variables. Use this option to store the result of specific column name that is returned from a SQL 'select' query.

To specify the column:

1. In the Column to retrieve, enter the name of the column.

2. Click the Add button and the property will appear below the Column to retrieve box.

3. Specify a workflow variable to store the values of the column to be retrieved.

If a variable that is not a collection is selected, only the first result will be stored.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Andrew thanks for your Help.

I put the var strOutput in the output field.

But in the variable there ist only "columnA" and not "columnA,columnB,columnC". For the workflow ineed this complett tubel also when the value from one column is "Null".

We use Nintex for SharePoint2010.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Do you mean you do not want to get the values separately?

Not applicable

Jump to solution

I dont have the button "add".

SQL.png

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

I think that in some newer version of Nintex Workflow they have changed to action to add the possibility to select column names to retrieve.

ExecuteSQL2010.PNG

As I can see, you don't have the row with Store default result or Specify column names.

I'm currently with version 2.3.14 and I've that settings

Giacomo

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Yes thank you for showing your screen shot. i love how easy it is to do on this site.

But what version are you on? You may need to update as Giacomo pointed out.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi all,

How could i call oracle procedure that have input variabl and output Xx as below example.

Declare

Xx varchar2;

Begin

Xx_proc(1,4,'1983',null,Xx);

End;

Appreciated.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

the Oracle approach is slightly different, and see this post on its setup.  . I recommend searching for other oracle posts here and also creating a new question to get additional help as this question was on SQL. 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hi, thank you for sharing this information. I hope you will be able to assist me with a related issue that I am currently facing.

My aim is to send an email message to a group of users. For that I am retrieving the email content (formatted as html table) from a SQL stored procedure and storing the built string to a nintex variable prior to sending the notification. The problem is the table displayed in the output email is misaligned and contains line breaks and spans that are not present in the original output of SQL SP. Could you please assist in resolving this issue. Much appreciated.

0 Kudos