cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Multi Line Text Box Shifted in panel between view and add/edit

Good Afternoon,

I'm going to start right off and guess this is a CSS issue, but I haven't the foggiest idea how to correct it.

My form has 5 panels that each have a multi line text box in them. They are set to Enhanced RichText. But for some reason the text is not aligning inside the Panel between "view" mode and "edit/add" mode. I've applied some custom CSS to off-set some default CSS behavior that only shows up in "view mode" which confuses me further that my form some how uses different CSS for edit/add from view, while my I applied CSS "fix" happens in both places.

VIEW MODE:

field_bug1.png

Notice the spacing on the first paragraph is correct?

EDIT/ADD MODE:

field_bug2.png

See how the box and the first paragraph) are shifted up?

The only custom CSS I've added to this box is (-webkit-margin-before: -5px !importantSmiley Wink because it moves the text into the correct spot in view mode, but I'm trying to determine how to fix it for real in both modes.

Any ideas?

Jim~

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Multi Line Text Box Shifted in panel between view and add/edit

Jim,

For your form, can you remove the CSS and just format your rich text as needed.  If you set the rich text within a panel it shouldn't move.  So in this case you would have a label for Team Concerns and Risk, then have a panel with the multi-line field and you text inside of that. 

While I can't see the remaining panels you have, that should take care of spacing as the rich text would handle the bullets etc within the one panel easily.

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Multi Line Text Box Shifted in panel between view and add/edit

Hi Eric,

The CSS isn't for the text IN the box, it is for the WYSIWYG box itself. as you can see from the images I posted the text and bullets are formatted inside the box with the built-in editor.

Jim~

0 Kudos