cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkweaver
Nintex Newbie

Re: List Lookup item for use in email header

Jump to solution

Gotcha. Not too familiar with adding calculations onto the form. Any steps you can share?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

For sure!

1) Drag the "Calculated Value" control onto your form.

2) Double click on your new action and name the control, then connect it to a column (so maybe create a MMRCode column to store the returned data to)

3) Click on the little "fx" to the right of the Formula field

4) When you reference another item, you need to double click it from the menus, you can't just type it in. When you've done it properly, it appears red with underlines. 

5) What you want is to first parseLookup (this will get rid of the ID from your MMRType), and then use THAT to get your substring of 2 items.

(imagine that ApprovedBy is MMRType in your case)

6) Save, then, either set the Calculated Value to white text or hide it under something. 

7) Boom your MMRCode column will now have the code you need and you can reference in your email.

Let me know how far you get with this. Cheers!

0 Kudos
jkweaver
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for the steps. Easy enough to follow. I was able to build this out, but somewhere I am missing a connection as the email header returned missing information for that value. Here are some steps I took:

0 Kudos
jkweaver
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks so much for the steps. Easy enough to follow. I was able to build this out, but somewhere I am missing a connection as the email header returned missing information for that value. Here are some steps I took:

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Hey there!

You appear to be missing a comma between (MMR_Selection) and 0 in your calculated field. Should be subString(parseLookup(MMR_Selection),0,2)

0 Kudos
jkweaver
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks for catching. When I updated and included the comma, it still returned no information in my header. I am stumped for sure.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

The other thing it could be is that it looks like your MMR_Selection is a dropdown choice field so you probably don't need parseLookup

jkweaver
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Thanks for that tidbit. I removed the parseLookup so that it's just the substring function. Unfortunately, still returning the same blank information when I run another test form.

0 Kudos
jkweaver
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

After a co-worker took a look at the form and workflow we built, we discovered that there was a broken link within the form. After recreating this piece of our form, the information from the 2nd drop down selection populated as designed. We are good to go. Thanks for all of your insights and help.

View solution in original post