cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Santhoshraj08
Nintex Newbie

List Lookup Control Item Limitations for SharePoint On Premise

Hello Everyone,

I would like know LIst Lookup control Item limitations. We are using Nintex Forms 2013, Version 2.11.5.20. We have createdn two lists. One list contains 6000 items with some deatils. on the 2nd list we created a nintex form. On the form we are using List lookup control, this list lookup control gets infomration from 1st list title column. This Control was working fine for below 5000 items. Now 1st list has 6000 items. On the 2nd list, List Lookup control is not showing any values. List lookup control dropdown not working. List lookup control settings , i did not mention any view name. Is there any itme limitation for List lookup control? 

If any body have any idea please give me suggeetions.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Santhosh.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: List Lookup Control Item Limitations for SharePoint On Premise

Hi,
In general it is not recommended to have more than 5000 items in a list. When the 5000 item limit is exceeded there is generaly a warning that appears advsing that the limit is exceeded.
I'd say that the there is a timeout while querying that amount of data.
0 Kudos
eiben
Nintex Newbie

I would not think of a timeout, but rather a threshold. Even though the "magic 5000" is more like a recommondation, there are certain queries that will not return any result if the resultset is greater than 5000 items.

@Santhoshraj08 : are the any filters you can apply to limit the amount of items in the dropdown? I would say, that a dropdown of 5000 items would be almost impossible to handle ...

0 Kudos
brianknight
Nintex Newbie

Try different browsers.  I've ran into a similar issue where a SQL query control in Chrome will behave much more performant than IE or Edge.  

0 Kudos