cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Limit the fields displayed on a workflow task page

Jump to solution

Hello Everyone,

I have a bit of a strange request. When using a Flexi Task action the action sends an email to the end user to approve or reject the item. When the end user clicks on the link in the email to review the task, below the approval area in the Item Properties section the fields from the SharePoint list are listed, as seen below:

Is there any way to limit the number of fields being displayed or remove the fields being displayed all together?

Or even better is there a way to display only certain fields of my choice in the Item Properties area?

If someone could help me out on this one I would appreciate it.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Limit the fields displayed on a workflow task page

Jump to solution

If you are using a Nintex Form on your task, then you can simply select the fields you do not want and delete them.   

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Sean,

as Mike said if you're using Nintex Forms you can just remove the fields you don't want to show.

If you don't use Forms there is still an easy way. In central administration -> Nintex Workflow Management -> Global Settings you can define "task form properties view" . By default its set to Workflow Task View.

So just create a view called Workflow Task View (or whatever the property is set to in your environment) and default SharePoint Forms will just show the fields you defined in that view.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Found this out yesterday and still in awe! 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately I am not using Nintex Forms 

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello ‌,

Thank you for your reply and the information about this issue.

Can you create a certain workflow task view for only one list and have that view only display for that list or is the Workflow Task View a "global item" where it shows up for all workflow tasks?

Thank you  

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Yes, the workflow task view will only be valid for that specific list as you will probably have different columns in other lists.

So you will need one Workflow Task View per List you have workflow tasks in.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hello Enrico Knapp‌,

Thank you for the quick reply. In following the path that you gave me in your original post Central Administration -> Nintex Workflow Management -> Global Settings I have found the Task Form Properties view, as seen below:

But I am not sure where I would go to create a new Workflow Task View. If you could expand on your reply ‌ as to how to create a new Workflow Task View for a specific list and how you would apply that new Workflow Task View to the list in questions I would really appreciate it.

Thank you or all of your assistance Enrico.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Sorry for the late reply.

To create a workflow task view just go to the list on which your workflow is running. There you open the list ribbon and hit "create view"

you will have to name the view "Workflow Task View". Afterwards all you need to do is check all the columns you want to show in your actions properties.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Enrico

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Thank you for expanding on your answer Enrico. I will give it a try and see what results I end up with.