cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Re: Is there any way that I can enable fields(which are diabled on edit) for those user who saved form as a draft?

Hi

Thank you for reaching me out.

I tried your formula that you have shown me.. no luck.

I tried your method to ... no luck..

Any help much appreciated!!

Thanks in Advance.

Rams

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Is there any way that I can enable fields(which are diabled on edit) for those user who saved form as a draft?

Can you put some screenshots to show what result you're getting? Did you try to put a calculated field with the formula so you can see the result? If so, what result did you get?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Courtney Vargo

Yes, I tried using calculated value it returns false

I have 15 to 16 fields on my form that I want them to be enabled only to the user who saved the form as a draft.

For now I tried the rule on one field

please find the screen shots

Save  button settings

I have also tried the formula user equals in the control settings of the field it did not work( in the sense it did not let me edit and I am the one who saved the form as draft

Please let me know if I am wrong ( or my settings are wrong), also please let me know if you need more details from me.

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rams

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

In the "modified by" field of your item, are you listed there? Did you also make calculated value fields that are simply "Current User" and "Modified By" to see what those values look like?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi ‌,

Yes,

I used userequals(currentuser, modifiedby) on to the calculated value

it shows false.

I have found a workaround ( my co-worker helped me with the workflow).

I wanted to share with you ( in case if any one might find helpful)

created this workflow in the background

see the attached

and then I constructed a formula on the form

Its working fine for now...!!

Please do let me know about your thoughts...

Once again,  I really appreciate every one helping me out in this( seriously, you have no idea how much I appreciate this conversation  )

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hey Rams, glad you were able to get to a solution! What I meant when I was asking about the "Did you also make calculated value fields that are simply "Current User" and "Modified By" to see what those values look like?" was something like this:

and 

Which in editor looks like:

And in Edit looks like:

That way, you could see if Current user and Modified By truly matched or not.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply