cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Include item properties in approval form

Jump to solution

I have an approval step in my workflow. However, when a manager is approving my list item, I want them to be able to update the item at the same time.

Is there a way I can use Infopath via the "Edit Task Form" button to allow a user to alter some of the properties of the list item while approving it?

Thanks

Richard

Labels: (2)
4 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Include item properties in approval form

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

unfortunately, when you're at the task form, you won't be able to edit the fields of the item the workflow is running on.  You'd need to have them open the item itself.

The only alternative, would be to customize the task form. Get them to fill in some fields as well as approve/reject it, and then the workflow can continue on and update the fields on that item.

Here's an example, but it is using Nintex Forms : Nintex Forms/Workflow - Flexi Task with a Data Entry Nintex Form - Vadim Tabakman

cheers,

Vadim

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am unable to display item properties on workflow task list.

Currently it is redirected to following path (_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/WrkTaskIP.aspx)

How to make it redirect to this path _layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/ApproveReject.aspx

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am unable to display item properties on workflow task list.

Currently it is redirected to following path (_layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/WrkTaskIP.aspx)

How to make it redirect to this path _layouts/15/NintexWorkflow/ApproveReject.aspx

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Richard,

You can create another workflow and call that workflow in the main workflow of the list. It works if it is single step approve workflow.

0 Kudos