cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Include enhanced rich text field images in word document

!

Hello all,

I have a workflow where I need to include images that may have been inserted in an enhanced rich text field from a sharepoint list in to a word document template using the Update Document action.  The plain text fields all function as expected but the rich text field shows up as html:

nintex error.png

Any ideas on how to get the data to display in the word document with the text and images?

nintex error2.png

Labels: (1)
5 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Include enhanced rich text field images in word document

Hi Kevin,

Did you ever figure out how to accomplish this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Has anyone managed to do this?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Did anyone find a solution to this issue?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Still searching for this same solution, as well as a way to strip the html tags out of an enhanced text field when displaying in a Word template.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this issue?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Hey there - 

I also struggled with this, and then I discovered the Document Generation action.

Oddly, I've planned on blogging on how to do exactly this -- including resizing, and adding captions. I figured it out (okay, ‌ figured it out) just this past week and while it isn't what I would call "simple", it is effective and will certainly save folks a LOT of time. 

There should be 50 free DocGens available to you (not sure if you need to be on enterprise or not) as well to muck around with.

So ... watch for that!

rhia

0 Kudos