cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I am trying to create a summary task email using workflow

Jump to solution

This workflow needs to query the task list and come back with all users that are assigned tasks that are no completed. After removing duplicates, I need to query the task list again for each user and find all the tasks related to that user. Each tasks needs to be added to a row in a table in the email that will be sent out to users.

The end state is a styled email that lists all of a user's tasks (rather than sending a task for each individual task). I have no problem styling the email.

Here is what I have so far. Can someone help point out what I'm doing wrong? It sends an email but only with the first task and only for 1 user. I think I need another for each loop but I'm not sure where it should go. Any help is much appreciated!

2016-04-07_11-46-57.gif

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: I am trying to create a summary task email using workflow

Jump to solution

Hi Colleen Happ

I have couple of similar workflows. Move start of HTML before the For Each loop.

When you query task list inside the For Each loop, do you have the filter to compare the AssignedTo with Each person name? So that it finds the tasks associated with that user only.

Retreive the ID's of these tasks within the Query list. After that Query action, add the For Each loop, IDCollection retreived from Query action. For Each ID, get the name of task and build string with html inside it. Add row to table build string would be something like (save as RowData): <tr><td>{WorkflowVariable:varEachName}</td><td>{WorkflowVariable:TaskTitle}</td></tr>

Outside this For Each, append the results in another Build String. {StartofTable}{RowData}{FinalTable}, save this in FinalTable with buildString action. FinalTable would be something link this:

</table></body></html>

Then add your send email action with reference to FinalTable. See the pic below for what i'm talking about

2016-04-07_11-46-57.jpg

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Here is the site workflow for your reference.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Colleen Happ​ did the above solution help?

I've got one of those workflows as well, I could write out an alternate solution to what Kapil mentions, but it's quite an extensive explanation. Will only do that if it's needed.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Kapil - I used your workflow combined with mine and I got it working. Thanks for the assistance!

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

That's good news!
Could you mark this question as solved please?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I'm also trying to do a similar solution.  I tried Kapil's site workflow, but it is listing the tasks twice, one with my display name and the other with the i:0#.w|[name].   Also, when I tried to run it again after i made updates to the email notification, I didn't receive the email, but the workflow completed.

0 Kudos