cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How to use Delegating the task form one user to another user in nintex?

I'm developing infopath forms.there are three level of approves they are given below.

Employee Request the form

1. Department Manager ( first level approve- testuser_1 )

2. Admin Manager ( second level approve- testuser_2)

3. Manager ( third level approve- testuser_3)

now admin manager is on leave for 3 days. so admin manager delegating the task to (Temp Admin Manager- testuser_4).

i'm using nintex workflow without asign flexi task.

I try below method but its not working for me.   

* Activate the drop down from the logged-in user name link at the top of a page.   

* Mouse-over Nintex Workflow 2013 then click on Task Delegation.   

* Click on Delegate tasks to a user between specific dates.

how to use delegate task. please tell how to delegate task step by step.

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: How to use Delegating the task form one user to another user in nintex?

* Activate the drop down from the logged-in user name link at the top of a page.  

* Mouse-over Nintex Workflow 2013 then click on Task Delegation.  

* Click on Delegate tasks to a user between specific dates.

The steps you mentioned above are to be followed by Admin Manager and not by you. The task delegation by this method will delegate all tasks that come to you as AssignedTo. Login with testuser_2 and then try these steps.

You could provision the delegation in the workflow itself. If the task is not completed in 2-3 days, you can insert DelegateWorkflowTask action (if not using the Flexi Task) and delegate to backup person defined in your list. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

And if the task was already delivered to the user, changing the 'Out of office" delegation will not change existing tasks.

To do this, You can log in as an admin, and in most cases you can manually change the delegation on the task approval screen.

You can also use a NWAdmin command DelegateAllTasks

This operation is used reassign all tasks from one user to another. It can be scoped to a single site, or the entire environment. Note that tasks can only be delegated to individual users, not groups.

Or in the future, as Kapil shows, you can auto delegate within the task itself.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. can you please elaborate your answer.

I'm not clear yet.

* without DelegateWorkflowTask action. task delegation not working . is it correct?

* I tryed login as admin manager and apply three steps. but it's not working for me.

I dont need  automatically delegate the task.(if the task is not completed in 2-3 days)

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

The admin would be able to delegate the task by going to the task item itself and choosing the delegate link there. But the admin will not be able to set another users auto delegation (out of office) on their behalf without logging in as them.

The delegate workflow task action can be used by another workflow that locates a task by ID and then delegates to another person. Say a corresponding list workflow, or a site workflow that performs a query on the task list looking for tasks assigned to a specific user and is still active.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

For Site Administrators you also need to enable the option Site administrators long term delegation in Central Admin under Nintex Workflow Global Settings.

0 Kudos
sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

Sorry not linked to your question, but I have to ask...  I am quite baffled that you still develop InfoPath Forms in 2016, is there still many people in this case ?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

I guess it depends on your environment and if you are ready to move onto new forms platform. If lot of applications have been created in InfoPath and still being used, the transition is not that easy.

Even though it is year 2016, how many companies are still using SP2010?

0 Kudos
sharepointfranc
Nintex Newbie

point taken.

0 Kudos