cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show Approval status column using Nintex workflow

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a workflow which approves/rejects after a item is listed. Approve/Reject prcess works fine except i cannot see the approval status column.

Here is my workflow steps:

1. Starts with item created on the list

2. Manager gets notified via email with Approve/Reject opition

3. Manager approves/rejects it

4. Initiator gets an email with the result

5. Task completed

All of those steps works except displaying the column with Approval Status.

I think that column comes from the workflow like the Task completed column. I do not want to create a approval status filed visible to the users than manipulate it using set field.

I am sure someone has done similar workflow in this forum. Please help as i am stuck on it.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to show Approval status column using Nintex workflow

Jump to solution

Hi Masud,

In your Workflow Settings, you have the option to "Create workflow status column" (see below:

This will track the status of the workflow and is placed on the List you are working with, but will not necessarily track the outcomes of user tasks.

Your other option is to create your own column on the list and manipulate that based on the decision points. This allows you to control the activity in the workflow and does not necessarily need to be exposed to the users - just set the status field using an update field or update item action after the task. Below is how I track and control a status column on a Flexi Task. You can store the task outcome in a variable and use that to update the field.

Cheers,

Mark

Not applicable

Re: How to show Approval status column using Nintex workflow

Jump to solution

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for the direction. As mentioned, those tick boxes were there hence i was getting the status as completed/pendig etc. I needed the outcome. I found that i could use the workflow status and set value to it. Does the similar result as i wanted. Many thanks again.

: Masud.