cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to migrate on prim Nintex Workflow and Forms to Office 365

Jump to solution

What are possible approaches to migrate Nintex Forms and Workflows to Office 365, Earlier Nintex was installed on WFE Server , what is the deployment followed for Office 365.

Labels: (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to migrate on prim Nintex Workflow and Forms to Office 365

Jump to solution

Hi. Nintex recommends to use ShareGate for that scenario. (More information on their website.​​)

Some useful links to get you started with ShareGate:

Depending on the amount of workflows and forms you have to migrate, and depending on your available time and budget, you could transfer them manually and use the migration as a chance to remodel and improve your existing workflows and forms based on the learnings you had on your on-premises platform. Talking with the business about possible improvements to their processes might open up some additional budget for your migration.

Also, you might have to rework some of your workflows, as a handful of features, like server-side run custom actions, simply are not available/possible in SharePoint Online.

Best regards, Christian

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Is there any customized way which we can build internally using any of your API's like ShareGate to migrate workflows or re-build workflows.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

You can automate export/import of workflows via web services (see SDK documentation for SP2013 on-premises​ and Nintex Workflow for Office 365 REST API). Problem is, that the two workflow platforms have different underlying technology so that some features might not match 1:1. When you then try to publish a workflow in SharePoint Online it might fail because of that.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

So , Cant I create Nintex workflow on SharePoint Online. I am primary looking to how to extract workflow information (may be via Nintex SDK) from on-premise and then create Nintex workflow without third party migration software.  Most of our customers wants to still continue with Nintex , in such case we want to provide solution without third party migration software.

Also I would love to know the underlying differences in online Nintex workflow and on-premise workflow

/Naren

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Naren. Yes, you can create Nintex Workflows in SharePoint Online and you can import/export NWF files there manually or automatically without the use of 3rd party migration tools, as well. You can find more product information about Nintex Workflow for Office 365 here: Workflow for Office 365 - Nintex

Nintex is using the workflow platform provided by SharePoint and adding features on top. In SharePoint Online, you have three technological  options: Workflow 2010 (.NET 3.5), Workflow 2010 (out of the box) and Workflow 2013 (Windows Workflow Foundation 4). (For more details, see: Developer Features in SharePoint Online | SharePoint Online Service Description)

When using Nintex Workflow for Office 365 you will use the SharePoint 2013 workflow platform. You can find more information about the underlying differences here: Getting started with SharePoint Server 2013 workflow

- Christian

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks , I have go good info for now, Let me get some hands on and comeback to you