cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

How to change row's color based on status field

Jump to solution

I have a project list, and each project has its status. Depending on the status, I want to make different color for this project. Before posting this matter here, I google too much, however, it seems to be complicated and not clear. Could you guys show me how to do step by step. I am using sharepoint nintex workflow 2013.

Any comment is highly appreciated.

41 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: How to change row's color based on status field

Jump to solution

Hi there!

This is more of a sharepoint question.

You might set a status with Nintex, but here is how you could colour code:

Color Code SharePoint List 

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

Could you show me where I can input the code?, And I have 4 status, that means they need to have 4 colors. What code of colors?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

The link I posted up above will walk you step by step through what you need to do.

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi,

I saw your link, however, I don't know how to add the code to the list (Add a content edit web part in Allitems.aspx page and add the following code) and other binary string for other colors?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Ah, I see.

To add a Content Editor to a page,  you need to add a Web Part. a Content Editor is a type of web part.

For other HexCodes of colours, check here: http://htmlcolorcodes.com/ 

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi

it don't work. I added Content Editor and went to Embed Code to past the code, and then change Yes/No to Handover/Preparation.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

I'd say your problem is in expression:  rows["Handover"]

handover is a field value, whereas you should refer to field name ("Project status"?).

other note, this is CSR script, so it should be configured for List View Web Part.

I've never tried to invoke CSR scripts from within script editor web part, but I would say they are invoked too late to be applied correctly.

have a look on this working example CSR Row Highlighting - assistance needed  

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Marian,

Thanks for your instruction. I downloaded the js source code file, but I dont know where to store reside it in the sharepoint site. Could you instruct me more about that?

Thanks

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

you can save it in any library, that doesn't matter.

if you already have a library dedicated to scripts you can place it there, if not you can place it in some default one eg. SiteAssets