cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do you redirect a user to a thank you page once they've approved a workflow task using an InfoPath form?

I'm using a Request Approval task with a form type of InoPath.  The form will not submit if I change the submit button rule to open another view with a "Thank You".  Is there a way to have the browser form redirect to another web page with a "Thank You", instead of forwarding the user to the Workflow Tasks list?

Thanks!

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How do you redirect a user to a thank you page once they've approved a workflow task using an InfoPath form?

Hi Andrew

Do you have an submit action before switching the view in your infopath form? I often used this approach (separate "Thank you" view) and it always worked as expected. You set the button action to "Rules", then you add a rule where the first action is "Submit" and the second is "Change view".

Another approach is to use the Source parameter in your approval mail: In Nintex Workflow designer go to your "Request approval" action and switch to the task notification tab. In the body of your notification email set the cursor where you want to have the approval link. Now go to "Insert" and choose "Link".

Double click "Approval URL" to add the approval URL into the "Address" text box. Now add the "Source" (with an ampersand) parameter just behind the Approval URL, so at the end it looks similar to this:
"{Common:ApprovalUrl}&Source=http://the-url-you-want-to-redirect".

Regards,

Martin

Not applicable

Re: How do you redirect a user to a thank you page once they've approved a workflow task using an InfoPath form?

Martin,

Thanks for responding!

I think I found a solution.  It certainly seems to work for me.  It involves using the Nintex Workflow web service method, ProcessTaskResponse.

The submit action was set prior to switching view.  I had simply selected the "Complete Task" button on the default form and added a switch view.  The view switched, but the task would never complete.

As far as the Source query string parameter, I tried that as well, but it seemed InfoPath must've been forwarding to another page to handle the submit action.  The Source parameter wasn't passed from InfoPath to the processing page that appeared between the Submit and the Workflow Tasks List.

So, I found a great write-up on the use of the web service method, ProcessTaskResponse, in this scenario...  http://askmanisha.wordpress.com/2013/07/19/clubbing-infopath-form-nintex-approval-form/

This really seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks!

Andy

Not applicable

Hi Andrew

I don't get it why the button action should not work (as said, I've used it very often), but the link you provided really seems to be a perfect solution (didn't know that).

Thanks for sharing this, it certainly will be used very soon...!

Martin

PS: Just a question: Is the Infopath opened in the browser or in the client application? The source parameter only works in browser forms...

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Martin,

I didn't get why the  action button didn't work either.  The only thing I could think was it had to do with how Nintex processed the submission for processing the task.  I've successfully used the switch view after submissions on many InfoPath forms.  This was my first attempt at it as a Request Approval task form.

On your PS, I'm using the browser.  I can only think that this didn't work because of the way workflow tasks are processed from a submitted InoPath form.  Nintex appears to have a web page that the form submits to, which processes the task.  This page must not be receiving the Source parameter from the InfoPath form browser page.

Andy

0 Kudos