cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How do I get rid of the "white space" created due to hidden panels on a start form?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I am working on a workflow that operates on three different scenarios. There are different mandatory fields for each scenario, but a very few common fields such as customer name, number, part number and so on. The scenario specific fields are input by the user when the workflow is started using the workflow start forms. Because there are no multiple forms for "New", "Edit" and "View" in Nintex Form Designer, I used panels and added conditions to hide them in different modes - New, Edit, and View.

However, when I open the New mode, I see a huge white space that I know is being occupied by those hidden panels. I am struggling to get rid of that spac

1. I tried the Control Settings for the panel and changed the "Resize on runtime" under Advanced to "Yes" and "No" in all possible permutations and combinations, but no success.

2. I tried multiple panels, two panels, and without any panels. Then, tried all combinations of the "Resize on runtime" settings on these options, but no success.

I am lost and getting very frustrated. I showed this to my boss and he likes the concept, but not the execution. Now, he is adamant on implementing this as the only option. I am working on SharePoint 2010 and using Nintex Workflow Designer and Form Designer.

Can you please help me? I have attached the screenshots of how the window looks.

Thank you.

Amit Srivatsa

Labels: (3)
19 Replies
Not applicable

Re: How do I get rid of the "white space" created due to hidden panels on a start form?

Jump to solution

Hi,

I maybe know what is happening. There are 2 places where you can control your visibility of your panels. In panel settings and with validation rules. In one way just don't remember it clearly now, you are just making your panel invisible but it is not disappearing from your form and you see that blank space. And other why is to use validation rules with hiding on right form mode.

I don't know which option you are using but I was struggling with same problem when i was trying to do form with Tab's control.

I think it would be helpful to watch video tutorial how to build form with Tab's control because method which was used there can be used in your form too.

Create Tab like functionality on your Nintex Forms

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Re: How do I get rid of the "white space" created due to hidden panels on a start form?

Jump to solution

Can you provide screenshots of the form in the designer?  I had the same problem where the panel was overlapping an element above it.  Moving the panel down slightly eliminated the white space.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Sure...

Please find attached:

Screenshot 3.jpgScreenshot 4.jpgScreenshot 5.jpg

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response. I will try the video and update what the outcome was.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Let us know how things work out, Amit Srivatsa​! Hopefully well.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Amit,

Add some space between the panels and test it. I have seen this happening with few forms, but its always about playing with the space in between the panels, sometimes need some space, other times, you dont need that space.

In the screen shot, it is not clear where your panels are. Have some gap between your controls and the edge of the panel. It doesn't have to fit on the edges. If there is white space, it would go away at run time.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Kapil,

I tried adding the spaces, but that did not work. Please see the screenshots below. The first one is "View mode", second is "New mode" and the third is the designer.

Screenshot 6.jpgScreenshot 7.jpgScreenshot 8.jpg

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Donatas,

I tried changing the form to "Tabs" view and was not successful. My guess is that I am doing the validation conditions wrong. I will try to work on this and see if I can figure out where the issue is. The biggest piece of information that I have not mentioned anywhere is that I am not a full time programmer or a full time workflow designer in Nintex. I had a three day training about 1.5 years ago and I am using it now. So, while I know it is frustrating to answer my stupid questions (I do not even know if I am wording it correctly), I request you to kindly bear with me and see if you can bail me out here.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Frank,

No success yet. But, not willing to give up!

0 Kudos