cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ieatorange98
Nintex Newbie

Help with Reminder WorkFlow

Hi everyone, I'm currently doing a reminder workflow on a list which will send an email to the people in charge how many days are left.

My conditions are

Send email for item when the column daysleft is 7,

daysleft is 3 to 1

daysleft is 0 or less.

My days left column is a calculated column, where I take the Due Date - Current Date.

I have a site workflow which updates the Current Date column to the current time daily. Thus the Days left column will update daily.

This is my list containing all my items.

This is my list workflow.

Right now I want to add the description and title into the email messages, but whenever I use the item properties, it just repeats the description and title for all the emails even if its not the same item.

For example I want the email to be like this

Subject: Title One

There will be the description of the item in the text box, including how many days left (I did this one already).

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
22 Replies
avinashpatil
Nintex Newbie

Re: Help with Reminder WorkFlow

Hi John,

To be clear, are you using 2 workflows here?

1) Site workflow to update the DaysLeft column

2) List workflow to send the notifications

Please elaborate

0 Kudos
ieatorange98
Nintex Newbie

Yeah, the Site workflow is to update the current time column thus it will lead to the updated DaysLeft column. The list workflow is to send notifications yes.

0 Kudos
avinashpatil
Nintex Newbie

Can you add a snapshot of the Email notification action. Also what is the condition to start the list workflow?

0 Kudos
ieatorange98
Nintex Newbie

The condition to start the list workflow, is whenever an item is modified, all the items will be modified which is what I want. The site workflow will update the Current Date column, causing the daysleft to be updated.

This is my email, all three are the same.

oh btw I updated my workflow, this is what it looks like now, I'm not sure if I need to use a collection variable? I removed it. If I do need it please let me know thanks.

sorry for the messy crop, I have a small resolution

The problem now is that, whenever I query and place them in a collection variable, and then use For Each function to loop them. It will use all the the variables in the collection, I just want the workflow to use the value that its in the column.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
avinashpatil
Nintex Newbie

Hi John,

I think one site workflow is enough for this type of reminders.

Do you have requirement to display the DaysLeft on any page/dashboard? 

0 Kudos
ieatorange98
Nintex Newbie

I'm not too sure about that because I'm not in charge of it. So is there any way to ensure that for that item, the list workflow checks the DaysLeft column then send the email if it fuffils the conditions?

0 Kudos
avinashpatil
Nintex Newbie

Yes,

In workflow settings, add a conditional start to the list workflow on item modified.

In the filters add 7 or or "less than 4" as parameters. This will ensure that your workflow is executed only when needed.

Implementation:

1) Get the DaysLeft in a workflow variable and convert it to number by using "Convert Value" action.

2) Based on the DaysLeft you can Run parallel actions for each value of the workflow variable for DaysLeft (7,3,2,1,0, less than 0)

3) Add the current item properties in the Email and workflow variable for DaysLeft.

let me know if this helps.

ieatorange98
Nintex Newbie

Alright I’m currently away from my laptop, I’ll update u Tmr? Oh and do I just to clarify, The email sent will have the corresponding item’s description and title right?  Oh and it will still be a list workflow right? 

EDIT: Wait don’t i have to use a collection variable? Because the list query will have multiple values? What about For each loop? 

0 Kudos
avinashpatil
Nintex Newbie

If you are using a list workflow, the email sent will have current item's description and title.

For each loop is not required your case as you are executing the workflow for the specific item. the workflow will always have current item in context for using in the item properties.