cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Getting Started with Nintex Workflow

If you're getting started this doc will take you through the process for enabling and setting your workflow.

Nintex Workflow for SharePoint

1. Build a SharePoint list for your Nintex Workflows or Forms 2013
  2. How to create a SharePoint 2010 list for a leave request
  3. How to Create a Leave Request Workflow
  4. Starting your Workflow
  5. Schedule a Nintex Workflow for SharePoint
  6. Find out more about your workflow history and how they're running!
  7. Demystifying Workflow History (Part 1)
  8. Enable Reports on your Nintex Workflows
  9. What permissions are required to design a workflow?

Want to know what product version you are running? See Identify the product version you are running

What actions do people use the most, and why do they like them? If you're new to Nintex, you might find this post interesting, here you'll see what our community members think of various workflow actions, and how they use them. The Community Speaks - "Favorite Workflow Action"

Nintex Workflow for Office 365

1. Simple Approval Workflow - Nintex Workflow for Office 365
  2. Create a Leave Request Workflow in Nintex Workflow for Office 365
  3. Nintex Workflow for Office 365 Product Guide
  4. Minimum Permissions List for Nintex for O365

Nintex Learning Center

New to Nintex and looking for additional resources for learning how to use Nintex products, or want to brush up on some features? Head to the Nintex Learning Center to find more training resources, and allow you to earn Nintex certifications.

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
17 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Getting Started with Nintex Workflow

I need more Sample(Tutorial) document for office 365

0 Kudos
Not applicable

What happened to all the Samples/ Tutorials for Sharepoint 2010? 

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hey Katalin, the tutorials under Nintex Workflow for SharePoint cover both Nintex Workflow 2010 and Nintex Workflow 2013.

Cheers

0 Kudos
swethasan
Nintex Newbie

Office 365 SharePoint Online Nintex Form rookie question, but going through the videos and wondering

• if there is an option to add tables in Nintex Forms to design the fields(labels, sharepoint columns) easily, without having to select them individually.
  • How to add Created By, Created Date, Modified By and other default sharepoint columns to the form. I included those in my 'All Items' default view, but not sure where to select them in the form designer. I couldn't find it in 'Controls in use' as seen below:NintexFormCreatedBy.pngNintex For Office 365
0 Kudos
Not applicable

Welcome to the site Swetha Sankaran - if you post your questions in the Nintex For Office 365 space, more members should see it Smiley Happy 
0 Kudos
swethasan
Nintex Newbie

Sure will. Thanks!

ramnikesh7
Nintex Newbie

Hi

Can someone help me " How to send e-mail notifications on any specific-day of a week (recursive) to SharePoint groups"

Thank you

0 Kudos
sonisick
Nintex Newbie

A colleague of mine, Jody Brooks, expanded an idea I had on avoiding the infernal 5-minute loop caused by "Safe Looping".

Just to show the impact of this when I need to create 30 list items; it took 90 minutes. I did the same task in under a minute utilizing a "for each"  Loop.

Since I knew I need to loop 30 times, I added 30 Numbers to a dummy list.  (The list contained nothing but a number column.) I used a QueryList to extract the number items from this list based on the number of iterations I needed. (e.g., if I only needed 20, I would set a condition for the number being less than 21.)  The creation of that same 30 item Custom List took under a minute.

Obviously, if I needed to create a 1000 item Custom list, this would be a pain to seed the dummy list with numbers 1 through 1000.  Also, extraneous lists are not a cool way to handle this scenario. What I would have liked was a way to use a collection variable to do the same thing: have the "for each" iterate over an array/collection the number of desired times. (This is common in most languages: JavaScript, PowerShell, Python, C#, etc.)

Jody noticed that in the Nintex Regular Expression that components were split into multiple collection variables.  Take the following string to get the idea "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10".  Splitting this using the "," would yield ten collection variables--each containing a number. The Nintex for each loop is designed for collection variables. With the above collection variables, I can iterate through a loop ten times.

I, then, tried to a seed a Global Variable with 1,2, .. 1000 in Nintex Central Admin.  Alas, a string is limited to 255 characters. I got about 87--not terribly useful unless you are into base 87. ;-)

Taking this back to Jody, he suggested a UDA, User Defined Action. (These widgets show up in your tool box.)

It turns out the Single line of Text variable will hold the number 1..1000 with commas with ease. He expanded the UDA to return the collection of 1000 variables--each with a number. The output of the UDA is a single collection variable.

Later I will expand this on how Jody rolled this construct into a responsive State machine based on a variable in a list changing.

Sometimes collaboration makes ideas bloom.  Thanks Jody for the inspiration.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

support for Nintex is too difficult! so many hoops to get through for simple questions

Where are the support tutorials? I want to configure lazy approval and can find no simple text tutorial on this

I put it in a search box and there are no contents found? what?

0 Kudos