cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbrewis01
Nintex Newbie

Forms Datetime control does not display 24h mode

Hello All,

I have a requirement that the Date Time control on a Nintex Form in responsive design, display the time, to the user, in 24h mode instead of AM/PM. For Military type applications this requirement can be very important.

Is there a way to display Date Time control in 24h mode?

Labels: (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Chris_Ben
Nintex Newbie

Re: Forms Datetime control does not display 24h mode

Hi Michael, are you using o365 or on prem?  You should be able to get 24 hour display format with your on-prem instance.  Just make sure to set the site regional settings to use 24 hour time.

o365 on the other hand might need to be a UserVoice request.

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
jackgelo
Nintex Newbie

Hi,

also on o365 you could change your site regional settings to use 24hour time

Giacomo

0 Kudos
mbrewis01
Nintex Newbie

Hi Chris,

I am working On-Premise. I went ahead and changed the Regional Site Settings to 24 hour time but, the Date Time control still displays in 12 hour AM/PM. I went into the interface and did a drag and drop of a new Date Time control but it still looks the same. Am I missing something? Do I need to wait an amount of time before the setting gets refreshed to the site?

Screen shot of settings change and control:

Regional Settings and Date Time control display 

Thanks for your help,

Mike

0 Kudos
Chris_Ben
Nintex Newbie

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure what's going on here. To test further, I created a brand new subsite and made sure it was in 12 hour format.  I then created a new list, created a date/time field and created a responsive form.  The form used the 12 hour format.

I then changed the site regional settings to 24 hours and everything automatically changed to use the 24 hour format.  I didn't need to republish the form or anything.

When you change from 12 to 24 hours, do the dates in your list change to the 24 hour format too?

Cheers,

Chris

0 Kudos
Chris_Ben
Nintex Newbie

Hi Giacomo,

Changing the site regional settings in o365 didn't make any difference for me.  I tried it in two tenants and used different regional settings (US and NZ) and the form controls still use a 12 hour format.  Changing the regional settings in on-prem does work though.

0 Kudos
jackgelo
Nintex Newbie

Hi Chris,

sorry, you're right! It looks like that the control is rendered based on the default time settings of that regional settings..if you switch, for example, to English (Ireland) that allows only 24h time, then the control is rendered in 24h format..

0 Kudos
mbrewis01
Nintex Newbie

Hi Chris,

I went ahead and connected the "Date Time" control to a column that I created that was a Date Time column. The "Date Time" control in the form still shows in 12hour format. When I pick a date and time and save the form, the list column is updated and the list column shows in 24hour format.

My problem isn't that I can't get the SharePoint list column to show in 24 hour format because it does show correctly. My problem is with the Date Time control on the User form still displays in 12hour format. Even when it is connected to a list column that is in 24hour format it still displays on the form in 12hour format.

Date Time control

Thanks again for all your help with this,

Mike

0 Kudos
Chris_Ben
Nintex Newbie

Hi Mike,

Yep - I was just checking to make sure your regional settings were indeed saving/displaying in 24 hour format on the SharePoint level.  For some reason Nintex isn't replicating this and I'm scratching my head as to why.  Are the regional settings I posted above the same as yours?  i.e. is yours in US format etc because maybe that makes a difference.  For the record mine are usually use the New Zealand timezone settings and they work fine too - I'm clutching at straws here.

Just to prove you and I aren't bonkers, here's my Nintex responsive form with date field rendered in 24 hour format

Here are the column and control configs.  Is there anything different for you?

0 Kudos
Chris_Ben
Nintex Newbie

I'm going to try that out.  Michael Brewis‌, maybe this applies to your situation too?

0 Kudos