cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

FlexiTask - 3rd Outcome | FlexiTask Behavior

My requirement is to create an Approval workflow for documents. There must be options for Approve, Reject and Need more info. When a user select "Need more info" as Outcome, the workflow should not end instead it should trigger additional action for that specific task instead of end the workflow. With the FlexiTask Behaviour, it always ends the workflow when anything Approve is selected. Is there a way to get a solution for this?

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: FlexiTask - 3rd Outcome | FlexiTask Behavior

Just add another Flexi Task on the "Need more info" branch

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response Fernando. That doesn't work. As soon as I choose "Need more Info", the workflow ends and the FlexiTask under Need more info doesn't fire.

0 Kudos
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Weird.

Test it separately on a new list on a new workflow.

Could you send the exported workflow?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Fernando,

Here is the exported workflow.

Thanks,

Prakash

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Just responded to you in email with the exported workflow. Thank you for looking into it.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Also, can you please let me know what should be the Behavior I should set in the FlexiTask?

All must agree

All must agree on specific outcome

Thanks!

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Automation Master
Automation Master

The behavior depends on your requirement.  You may want to set it to First Response applies if all you want is the first person responding to the task to decide its behavior.   Give this option a shot to see if your workflow starts acting correctly. 

Thanks,

mike

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I am afraid if this might work. If there are 5 people that needs to approve a document, then with the below “First Response applied” would end the workflow as soon as 1st user Approves it which is not the desired solution.

0 Kudos
xMikeX
Automation Master
Automation Master

Hello,

Like I said, your process will determine the outcome that you need.   However, when you are using a mechanism like "Request More Information" and you have 5 approvers, if you used "All Must Agree" then they would all have to select Request More Information otherwise you will experience the type of routing that you currently are seeing where it appears the workflow is ending.   If you selected All must agree on a Specific Outcome then you would have to specify which outcome that is, which if 4 of the 5 selected Approved and 1 selected Request More Information you would again run into undesired results.   Just wanted to point this out so you could consider these scenarios.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos