cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Emailing Changes to a List Item

Jump to solution

I have a list with a workflow setup to email the Business Manager whenever a modification has been made to an item.  Setting up that workflow is easy.  I am having an issue with, I want the body of the email to contain only the information that has been changed, is this possible?

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Emailing Changes to a List Item

Jump to solution

Jeff,

You have successfully created a SharePoint alert with Nintex .  But seriously, I would not try to overengineer what SharePoint does out to the box.

Now to answer your questions, you could have the workflow check for value changes.  This complicates a lot of things and depends on the number of fields in your list.  If you only had to check 3 fields (A,B,C), then you could set a workflow to start when item created and it stores values A,B,C in columns VA, VB, VC.  Then if its updated your workflow would compare if values in A !=VA etc.  If they don't then you would email the manager with the new value in A and the old value as the value in VA

Again, I would not do this. I would assign an alert on the list and call it a day.  The alerts out of the box shows the information changed and can report it daily, weekly, or even immediately.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Eric,

Thats what I was hoping someone would say. Thank you for the help.

0 Kudos
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Sorry I could not have been of more help .  Happy Nintexing

0 Kudos