Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Email notification / value change

Jump to solution

Hi,

Firstly I'm completely new to Nintex,

I'm trying to create a workflow in that when the user changes a value it sends an email notification out but the issue I'm having is if they edit / update another field within that list it triggers the email to go out again.

(I have a column called status, which has 2 options "working"  /   "Not working") - I want it so that when someone selects "not working" this triggers the email which then stops and doesn't email out again if someone edits say the comments column etc, when the user changes back to "Working" this sends another email and again only once per time it changes.

Not sure if I've explained it well.

Can anyone give some rough idea on where I should be looking?

Thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Email notification / value change

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

Within the 'Workflow Settings' area, available from the designer ribbon, you can set the workflow to execute when items are modified and specific conditions are met.  In your instance you would want to only execute the workflow when a specific field has changed from it's previous value, and not execute when other fields change.

Workflow Settings:

• Enable conditional start and press 'Conditions' button.

Start Conditions:

• In the first drop down select the field you which will start the workflow when changed, ensure you select the field with the '(previous value)' part.
  • Tick the 'Compare to field' selection
  • In the last drop down select the field.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Re: Email notification / value change

Jump to solution

Thank You.

0 Kudos