We use and external data lookup and in turn populate form elements.
One of the pieces retrieved is added to a Select element on the form. All of that is working just fine.
An inspection of the HTML shows the items have been added, however, when the form is submitted a SharePoint error is thrown and the form submission fails.
If a static Option (not added by jQuery) in the Select is chosen the form submits just fine.
class="nf-choice-select nf-associated-control" id="ctl00_SPWebPartManager1_g_f3cb44cb_28a3_493f_8344_c409b53f4e86_ctl00_ListForm2_formFiller_FormView_ctl18_f1b815d2_ac95_4bc5_8e56_236efde79a32"
<option value="51363800002">Card - 51363800002</option>
<option value="20008">Book - 20008</option>
<option value="10006">Mortgage - Long term - 10006</option>
<option value="10006">Mortgage - Short term - 10006</option>
Other is added via the Nintex Form Control
All other options are added via jQuery
Solved! Go to Solution.
So, did some experimenting.
We added a Choice Control to the form and did not bind it to the List.
Same outcome. When we submit the form we get a SharePoint error with a correlation ID. Nothing note worthy in the logs.
Since the additional Options are being added post page load, do we need to bind them to an object, say a Nintex object?
Validation doesn't throw an error.
It's like the Browser knows the choices are there and legitimate, but the form submission mechanism does not.
Thanks in advance
I marked your reply as Answered, Thanks!, but would like to show how I simplified the solution you pointed to. Simplified in my own way of thinking anyway
First binding places the selected value from a specific dropdown into a textbox that is connected to the SharePoint list.
Second binding then disables the dropdown prior to submission to the SharePoint list.
In the thread you pointed me to, he disables all dropdowns. Not an option for me and that is why I only disabled a named instance of a dropdown.
It works. I am not a fan. At all.
Seems there should be a mechanism to tell Nintex that there are new (legitimate) options in the select. My best guess is it is in the Validation step that is triggered by the submit button.
What the heck It works!
Thank you Marian!!