cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Distorted form layout

Hello Friends,

I'm facing a strange issue regarding the layout of the form and this is the process I'm following:

Step 1: Created Panel 1 inside I placed a "Yes/No" list column

Step 2: Created Panel 2 which has Submit and Cancel button

Step 3: On Submit button, I used a validation rule to hide the Submit button when the list column value is selected as "No"

And as you can see, when the form loads / or even when I click on the Submit button, the Cancel button is pushed below the form.

The weird part is, when I remove the validation rule on the button, the form does render as designed.

I'm running out of options and patience here. Appreciate if any of you can provide some solution.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Distorted form layout

- make sure controls are really put into panels and not just overlapped mutually - try to catch them with mouse and move little bit, respective panel has to get darker a little bit

- make sure no controls and/or panels on the form overlap on the form

sojanm
Nintex Newbie

Try not to hide the submit button, use another panel inside the same panel and place the submit button in that panel and try hiding the panel. Do not hide the  button.

Not applicable

‌: Thank you for the reply. That was the very first that I did  I made sure the panels/controls are dropped in the correct section and background color is highlighted.

Not applicable

‌: Thank you for the reply. If I understand this correctly, the Submit button should be placed again inside a panel. Well, I tried that but no luck. Is there any code or something that hides the empty space or is there a way(by using DOM explorer or F12 button) to identify which control/panel is causing this extra space?

Automation Master
Automation Master

does the rule itself work correctly? i mean does it hide show the button?

aren't there reported any errors on developer console?

Not applicable

Marian Hatala‌: Could you please elaborate on this? Is Developer console = Nintex form design mode? Is there a way that we can identify which control/panel is causing this extra space by using DOM explorer or F12 button?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

I meant if button hides/appears as you change state of checkbox.

F12 = developer tools, but it's commonly refered to as developer console

one of tabs there is console where you get all the errors (in some browsers as well warnings) colected.

I'm not aware how one could debug rendering process and positioning of single elements. there are in generel quite a lot things that might influence that.

but with nintex forms typical reason are those that I mentioned so far.