cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jt06492
Nintex Newbie

Create enterprise wiki page with workflow against a list in SP2013

Hi everyone,

This is my first post to Nintex Community.  In the past I was able to get a lot of help and answers for what I needed to do but I did see anything for a problem I'm having.  I have a Enterprise Wiki site where internal people can go and collaborate.  I created a list in the site.  The idea is when people want to create a new page they will actually create a new item in the list (creating the item only requires the Title).  I've set up workflow against the list so that whenever a new item is created the workflow will create a wiki page automatically.  But I keep getting error message of "Failed to create item. Could not find the document template at '/_layouts/15/CreatePage.aspx' to create the item with".  Note: I am able to create a new wiki page manually so I thought the workflow would have no problem creating the page but I keep getting the error.  If anyone has any information I would appreciate some help.  Thank you.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
billvencil
Nintex Newbie

Re: Create enterprise wiki page with workflow against a list in SP2013

Here's a post from a couple of years ago that is similar. You will see that you can select the content type of the page you are creating. Perhaps that is the issue?

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint/Creating-a-Webpage-from-a-workflow/td-p/1754

0 Kudos
jt06492
Nintex Newbie

Thank you billvencil!  I did see that post before posting for help.  I tried the exact same thing but the same error kept coming up.  Based on the error ("Could not find the document template at '/_layouts/15/CreatePage.aspx' to create the item with".) I'm guessing I need something like a document (or maybe page) template.  I do see EnterpriseWiki.aspx page layout so I'm stumped as to what else I might need.  When I created the page manually that works well each time however.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

default template for Wiki page should be CreateWebPage.aspx

if that got customized in your env, get in contact with your admins so that something wasn't configured properly.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/de160e15-3c9d-4d5b-9a22-3fe1174a7423/what-is-t...

0 Kudos