cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create a workflow where the content will be published to the list/library only after approval from approvers and then notify to the user if the item is approved or rejected.

Create a workflow where the content will be published to the list/library only after approval from approvers and then notify to the user if the item is approved or rejected. Can someone show me with steps to achieve this?

Nintex For Office 365Ask SupportGetting Started

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Create a workflow where the content will be published to the list/library only after approval from approvers and then notify to the user if the item is approved or rejected.

the content has to be stored somewhere in order you could start a workflow on it. you can not run list/library workflow without a respective item.

what you can do is

- manage access to the list/library items by user permissions. ie. regular users do get rights to see/open items just after item is approved. have a look on set permission workflow action.

- create two separate lists - 'approval' and 'public'. approvers will have access to 'approval' list and users to 'public' list

let the content create into 'approval' list.

once the item is approved make a new item in public list and copy needed data from original item over. have a look on actions create item or create item in another site

Not applicable

Re: Create a workflow where the content will be published to the list/library only after approval from approvers and then notify to the user if the item is approved or rejected.

comments workflow.PNG

this is the workflow I created, where create list item would create the item in another list after approval. but here I get multiple notifications after an email is received; one from reply@workflownotification.com and the other (screen shot below). and then I click on the item and approve, it doesn't get approved, I will have to go to the workflow task page to approve the item. How can I prevent from getting these multiple emails?

notification task.PNG

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

I get multiple notifications after an email is received

can you post configuration of assign a task action?

do you have set reminders or escalation?

and then I click on the item and approve, it doesn't get approved, I will have to go to the workflow task page to approve the item

here I am a bit confused what you mean with "I click on the item and approve" - do you open list item in edit mode and change/update it and expect the task to be approved?

you have to approve the task on task edit form.

you either can go to task approval page directly as you describe or you can customize notification mail so that it contains a link to the page. in order to do so place {Common:ApprovalUrl} placeholder to notification mail

0 Kudos