cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Create a task to collect and update missing items in a Sharepoint list

Jump to solution

I would like to create a workflow that notifies the owner, collects and updates missing data from a Sharepoint list.

Ideally the Workflow would update the original list without making the owners revisit the site.

The current workflow I am running collects the data (Request Data), but stores it in the Workflow list instead of the list the misisng data came from. I am fine with this solution if I could get the data to update. The Update Item is for sure configured wrong because it does not provide me the option to select the data that was collected in the Request Data task.

Thank you!

Current Workflow

Workflow.PNG

Tags (1)
6 Replies
emha
Nintex Newbie

Re: Create a task to collect and update missing items in a Sharepoint list

Jump to solution

in the request data action you have to choose a content type that represents data set you will ask assignee for.

the you get listed selected content type's fields and you have possibility to assign a variable to every single field that will be populated with field's data as well.

you can then use these variables in update item action.

have you configured it this way?

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thank you for your response.

I have created a Content Type that I am asking the assignee for. This data get stored in the Workflow List.

I have created some variables however I am not sure how to assign them or what exactly to do with them.

I also do not have an option to assign the variables in the Update Item configuration.

I am not stuck on using my workflow if there is a known way to get this task done. 

emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

there is other possible option, by one I depicted above is the easiest and the most streamlined.

maybe example will be more clear - I have configured that 'response' field from 'ct_rd' content type is to be copied/assigned to workflow variable 'resp'.

I would be then able to use 'resp' variable in a workflow.

are you able to configure it that way?

Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yes, I was able to complete this action now. The big problem was that I was creating my variable as a "collection" so it was not showing up in Content Type drop down. I created a Multiple Line Variable and it is in my drop down now.

Now, When I create a Workflow Task, the Title of the Task is the same as my Primary Key in my source list. So I feel I could use this as a reference to make sure the correct line is update. Is this the right train of thought?

Do I use update item now?

Thank you so much!

emha
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

yes, now you should have data provided by the task assignee available in variables and so you should be able to use them in update item action.

Not applicable

Jump to solution

It is working. Thank you for all your help!

0 Kudos