cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Workflow for status change

I need to create a workflow that sends out an email when a column value is changed.

So what I have is a task list that when a new item is created it get populated with Assigned person.  That fires off an email notification telling them they have been assigned a task.  The next step would be if that Assigned Person gets changed to another then I would need another email notification to be sent to this new assigned person.

In my workflow settings I have "Start when new items are created" - Conditional

Condition

Primary Assigned To:

Is not empty

Then inside my workflow I have a "send email notification" set to the Primary Assigned To person.

I cannot figure out if I need to set the "Start when items are modified" = Conditional or handle this comparison inside the workflow

Hope that makes sense.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Create Workflow for status change

I would start when items are modified. You could set the condition on previous value to current value (Assigned Person). In the workflow, do a if statement on the same condition and if Yes/True send email notification the newly assigned person.

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Are these primarily To Do tasks in a custom task list(must not be a workflow task list)? I have a scenario that may work for you.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

I ended up doing a comparison based on modified by and primary assigned.  I set the workflow to run on updates so if anyone other than the primary assigned person modifies the task then an email will be sent.  This should cover me in regards to both a new primary being assigned and if someone updates the task, for instance to add comments, change due date or anything else, and it is not done by the primary.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply