cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Copy attachment from document library to list item (list having multiple attachments)

Hi All!

I want to copy attachment from one list to another so I tried to make a workflow. I did the following steps:

1. Created a workflow to copy attachment from (task) list to Document library (tried on 1 item and copies ok)

2. Created a workflow on document library to copy the attachment to another list using Call Web Service - AddAttachment.

Here I specified the destination list item id and list name, and it copies ok. But then my destination list has 2 attachment controls. It copies the file to the Default one.

Is there a way to specify which Attachment control to copy to?

Appreciate any help.

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Copy attachment from document library to list item (list having multiple attachments)

Hi

Can you please tell me the process you followed to copy one attachment. I am having issues in doing that.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Copy attachment from document library to list item (list having multiple attachments)

Hi Vj,

I just used the Copy To Sharepoint control to do that.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi, I have a question... so you are saying that in order to copy the attachment to the library, you created a workflow on the Task List where you included a Copy to SharePoint action?

I tried to do this, I created a workflow with a Copy to SharePoint in the Workflow Task List but it wont copy anything, it wont simply work, the workflow runs and it marked as completed with no error but when I check the destination Library, the file has not been copied.

Any help?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply