cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can Nintex assist in maintaining and managing large lists

Hello Friends,

I have a requirement that should be implemented using Nintex Forms and I would like your expert assistance in answering some of the issues

Requirement:

Create a solution that will be used around 600 users. Each user will create at least 1 task so each day there will be around 600 items which will be stored in List 1. Based on List 1 data(using lookup option), users will then create items in List 2 and assign them to individual teams. The data in the List 2 may be more than 600 per day.

As this will be hosted on SharePoint, the usual threshold limit rule is applicable. So based on my above requirement, would it possible to split the List 1 and List 2 into multiple lists? I would like to create a master list and based on certain criteria, I would use Nintex workflow to create items in the sub -lists.

Queries:

1. Which action should I use? Create list item or Create list item in another site?

2. Unlike Infopath, when an item is created in a list using the workflow, will it be Nintex based list entry or a regular list entry?

My queries might not be at 100% as I'm still trying to put various requirement pieces together. Please provide any recommendations and do recommend any suggestions that might be useful.

Thank you.

Labels: (3)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can Nintex assist in maintaining and managing large lists

Hi ChandraShekhar,

general: Of course you can split up your information in 2 seperate lists. Just like with a regular DB you need some sort of primary key/foreign key to connect the items of the two lists logically.

query 1: You use "Create list item" if the item you want to create is on the same SiteCollection like the workflow. If it is on another SiteCollection you have to use the other action.

query 2: I'm not sure what the difference between a "regular" and a "Nintex based" list entry is supposed to be. It doesn't really matter if an item in a list is created by a user or by a workflow, it looks just the same. Only difference is the "created by" field. If the item is created by the workflow, "created by" usually is your "System Account". If you need to create the item as another user, you can e. g. use the "call web service" action to create an item via webservice and use the credentials you prefer. Or did you mean something else?

Best Regards

Philipp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Nintex Newbie

Re: Can Nintex assist in maintaining and managing large lists

Hi ChandraShekar,

if you want the Created By field in the second list to have the same value as the items in the first list, you can use the standard nintex actions.

If the workflow performs actions that the user does not have the required permissions for, you can use impersonation, as described in this blog: http://www.vadimtabakman.com/nintex-workflow-action-set-part-2-impersonation.aspx.

The main difference between create list item and create list item in another site is where you can create the items. If possible use the simpler version (create list item).

Your criteria seems a good fit for Nintex workflow, please ask any further questions you might have.

0 Kudos