cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I change these alerts(on the attachment) to show at the bottom of the form page on Nintex?

Can I change these alerts(on the attachment) to show at the bottom of the form page on Nintex?

When I click on the Submit button, and if I have not filled out the mandatory fields, the page displays and alert at the top of the form, can I change it to display at the bottom or center or sides of the form page so user do not miss out on why they are stuck on the page? I have attached screenshot below.

nintex form.PNG

Labels: (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Can I change these alerts(on the attachment) to show at the bottom of the form page on Nintex?

Vadim TabakmanDamien LaugierJan Sandermann

Can I get an update on the above anyone?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: Can I change these alerts(on the attachment) to show at the bottom of the form page on Nintex?

Hi Teresa,

i think you can only achieve this by using CSS. The class of this red text box div is ".nf-validation-summary".

For example I added these two statements:

.formFillerDiv {

position: relative;

z-index: 0;

}

.nf-validation-summary {

position:absolute;

bottom: -50px; /*Leave thath out to display the error text below the form, not beside the save button*/

z-index: 1;

}

And produced this:

Capture.JPG

There maybe other ways to achieve the same behaviour in CSS (im not an expert on design) but should be enough to give you a start.

Greetings

Philipp

Not applicable

hi,

But where exactly did u add this bit of code?

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Form Settings -> Custom CSS

0 Kudos
Not applicable

hi,

I was able to do that, but there seems to be a scroll bar and I am not able to get rid of it how much ever I increase the height; before adding the code it wasn't there.

Automation Master
Automation Master

Have you tried something like "overflow: hidden"? This attribute is normally used for hiding scrollbars.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I just tried, but its the same.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

And the scrollbar is completely unacceptable for you? Does it keep you from seeing a section of your form? Otherwise you can just ignore it.

I can't help you directly, because I didn't have any scroolbar come up. Can you upload your form and provide a link to it right here? I will try to import it in my environment and see if I can reproduce your problem.

Greetings

Philipp

0 Kudos
Not applicable

I fear I will lose my form on export. it happened with me for the workflows. while doing an export the workflow disappeared. Can you try duplicating the issue by creating a long form by juts putting the save button at the end, I have used form of  canvas height of 1050px and width 700px and may be 1 or 2 mandatory fields?

0 Kudos