cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Blank forms after upgrade to Nintex Forms 2010 version 1.6.1.0

Hello Community,

We are facing an issue after upgrading to Nintex Forms 2010 (version 1.6.1.0 English edition )

Most of the existing Nintex forms are displaying blank forms. The form controls are not visible. All three New , Edit and view forms are blank.

• For testing , I tried resetting couple of Nintex forms but still the forms appear blank.
  • I also tried to import a backup of the forms that was taken before the upgrade but the blank form issue persists.
  • If I right click the form and click on “View Source” , I see the HTML tags for the form controls  . But the displayed form  is blank.
  • I created a new list and created Nintex forms for the list. These are displayed OK.

All these forms were working fine before the upgrade.

Appreciate any help

9 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Blank forms after upgrade to Nintex Forms 2010 version 1.6.1.0

Hi,

I have narrowed down the issue to the “Date and Time” control. Any Nintex form that has Date and Time control displays a blank form. If we delete the Date and Time control from the form , the form displays correctly.

Does any know of any known issues with the Nintex Date and Time Control ?

0 Kudos
mmatsako
Nintex Newbie

I've seen something similar to this:  are you controlling the control's visibility with an expression?

simon_muntz
Nintex Newbie

Hi.

This issue has been raised as a bug.  Our replication found that it is only affecting IE8 at this stage and using a later version of IE or another browser will work around this issue.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

I have tested it with different versions of IE (8,9,10,11). The issue happens in all of them. I have even tried with Chrome and Firefox with the same result.

• I tested by creating a new web application with a new site Collection. The forms work correctly in the new site collection.
  • I created a new site collection within the same original web application and the forms issue still persists.

When the forms loads I get the below error

Sys.InvalidOperationException: Object NWF already exists and is not a namespace.

and

Nintex form error.jpg

Below is the complete error:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)

Timestamp: Sat, 27 Dec 2014 14:22:40 UTC

Message: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Object NWF already exists and is not a namespace.

Line: 1866

Char: 13

Code: 0

URI: http://sajeportal01/ScriptResource.axd?d=7LOiQkHvGJ5JMNOwVfPbEbGboF4hUeVQrVoERbRA_GPw-k7YZTMrCzJ0WVH...

Message: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Object NWF already exists and is not a namespace.

URI: http://sajeportal01/ScriptResource.axd?d=7LOiQkHvGJ5JMNOwVfPbEbGboF4hUeVQrVoERbRA_GPw-k7YZTMrCzJ0WVH...

Line: 223

Char: 21

URI: http://sajeportal01/sites/eForms/Lists/Test1/NewForm.aspx?RootFolder=&IsDlg=1

Line: 7394

Char: 17

URI: http://sajeportal01/_layouts/sp.ui.rte.debug.js?rev=HA65esDistAwyFLRVL6cMA%3D%3D

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi,

I was able to solve this issue using the below steps. Thought I would share it in case anyone else is facing the same issue.

In the web.config of the web application , there is a “compilation” key . I updated the "debug" property of the key to “false” and reset IIS. The forms are working fine after the change.

<compilation batch="false" debug="false" optimizeCompilations="true">

Not applicable

Thanks for sharing Yasir!

0 Kudos
aaron_labiosa
Nintex Newbie

For more information on this topic, you can review this technet article which covers what each of the compilation properties does: Edit Compilation Settings (IIS 7)

The reason for this behavior in this scenario is that Nintex ships release assemblies and not debug.

Excerpt from the above mentioned Technet article:

Specify compilation of retail or debug binaries

To specify compilation of retail or debug binaries for a site, use the following syntax:

appcmd set config /commit:WEBROOT /section:compilation /debug:True|False

The variable debug:True enables compilation of debug binaries and the variable debug:False enables compilation of retail binaries. The default value is False.

joeybloom
Nintex Newbie

I'm not sure I understand what is meant by web.config of the web application.  Can someone break this down for me.  I only have site design permissions but I need to communicate this information to someone else to fix the problem.  How can I break it down into a step by step procedure. 

Thank you so much

0 Kudos
joeybloom
Nintex Newbie

Can you help me understand how to do this?

0 Kudos