cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Best way to provide online training through combination of nintex forms and workflow

Hi All,

I have list of employees stored in a sharepoint list with first name, last name and email address. I have created a site workflow to send emails to all the trainees in there. However I am new to forms so not sure what is the best way for them to complete the training task. I have tried assign to do task and send an email to all with the same link but this will not complete the task assigned to them and they will keep getting reminders.

The users are outside the on premise SharePoint deployment so I am using the forms live solution to get users which are outside the domains. Attached is the workflow and nintex form screenshots.

Cheers all...Emily BillingEric Harris

Labels: (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Best way to provide online training through combination of nintex forms and workflow

Brett,

Thanks for reaching out.  If I read correctly, you have a list of employees that you want to send an email to that contains the link to a Nintex live form for them to fill out.  If that is correct, then you should be able to use the "send notification" and customize that notification to include the link to the form.

You don't really need an "Assign to do action" unless I'm missing something. 

If they get the email, when they click on the link, it should open up the form and allow them to fill it out.  Upon submitting the data, it should push that into the SharePoint list that the form is connected to which essentially will be saving your data. 

I could be off in the wrong area, but I think that should help you out. I noticed you were doing collections.  You could just do a collection on the email field and use that to send the emails, but remember the link they will need should be to the list that has the form on it.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Re: Best way to provide online training through combination of nintex forms and workflow

Thanks for the reply.

I also wanted the ability to track who has completed the training and who has not as I have to send reminders to them after say 1 month of sending the original email. Then I will be sending the report of uses who have not completed the training to our HR dept.

That's why I was trying to use assigning a task as it will allow us to send them reminders to the users if they have not completed the task..

Regards

Brett Anderson

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Community Manager

Brett,

The reminders is built into the task so reminders could work, but you may be mixing the purposes of what you are trying to do. 

What you could do is this:

Add a two columns to your contact list.  One would be for notified, and the other for training completed. Then have your workflow update the list with notified so that you know who you sent emails to.  You can then have them update the form and when they submit it, you could have an individual or item based workflow that would run when submitted and update their contact list with responded etc. 

That would give you both notification and tracking of training with two simple workflows and two simple lists.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Thanks Eric for the swift response, this is exactly what I was thinking however I was thinking of setting a new guid value with the workflow in the contact list as well to keep track of the actual user and then build a dynamic URL with the use of query string to pass on the first and last name of the current user from the collection on to the actual form. Then use this to keep track of the users who have and who have not completed the task (to send reminders); as these are external users and they do not have access to the internal url and complete a task.

I am yet to try this solution out fully...What do you think?

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Community Manager

Well...after reading what you wrote...Whoa...that would be complicated.

Start simple and on paper first.  Create your list and connect them via a workflow.  You should be able to achieve this without having to build dynamic URLs or set GUIDs.

I've done it before without that much complication.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply