cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Attaching documents to external emails in Nintex

Jump to solution

I have a template document content type (contractor access request) which i want to attach a super basic workflow to. Once new document is created and saved i want to activate a workflow that will send an email to an external recipient with the document as an attachment.

How best do i do this?

I am very new to Nintex!

Thanks,

Labels: (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Re: Attaching documents to external emails in Nintex

Jump to solution

I am assuming this is a document library. Open the document library. Click on the 'Documents' tab. On the right hand side there will be a 'Workflow Settings' tab. Click on the arrow. Click on 'Create a workflow in Nintex'. Click 'Create'. Click 'Workflow Settings'. Click 'Yes' on Start when items are created. In the workflow designer drag a 'Run If' action over. Double click on that action. On the where field is, select 'Attachments'. Set value = Yes.  In the workflow designer, drag a Notification action over under the 'Run If'. Double click on that action. Fill in the 'To'. Check the 'Include list item Attachments' checkbox. Enter email subject and body information.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Many thanks for your response.

I am in the document library and the only tabs are 'Files' & 'Library' - if I go to Library>Workflow Settings>Create a Workflow in Nintex>Create, then drag 'Run if' in to my workflow I now get stuck. When I go to the 'Where' field there is no 'Attachments' option in the list...

Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Ok so with the document library, when an item is created a document HAS to be added. So you shouldn't need to check if a document is attached. You can get rid of the Run If and just send the notification. If you also want to send this notification when a document is updated, you may want to set that in the workflow settings as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Initially I was looking at what was available if you had a list with attachments.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ok so you are saying that a notification will automatically attach the document?

Thanks - that's very useful.

0 Kudos
burkslm
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

You still have to click the 'Attach File' in the email notification.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
coster
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

Is that option also available for the send email action in Office365 ? I cannot find a way of attaching the file in a Office365 Nintex environment...

0 Kudos