cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Assign to do task shared mailbox not authorized

Hi,

I'm relatively new to the Nintex world so this may seem like a noob question.

I need to assign a task to a group of people but need need to email a shared mailbox which all the users can access as I can't email the individuals.

I've set up a SharePoint group called Helpdesk and added all my users in there.

In the Assign-to-do task, my assignees are the SharePoint group and the shared mailbox (helpdesk@test.com)

In the task notification, I send the email only to the shared mailbox and none to sharepoint group. However, when the email comes through to the shared mailbox and a member of the sharepoint group clicks to complete the task, they get a "you are not authorized to complete this task", I think this is because the task that has been clicked is for the helpdesk@test.com account.

Is there any workaround for this?

Thanks

Makhdum

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Assign to do task shared mailbox not authorized

Hi Makhdum,

I too have a similar setup but I send the email to the common mailbox account just for reference. In the Task assignment, I have mentioned the Sharepoint Group where individuals are added. Even though the help desk gets 1 email in their inbox and 1 in common mailbox, they are bound to check the individual mailbox first.

Only thing you can do is to create an account associted to the mailbox and then login with that account to respond to the task. Else do the way i mentioned above. Hope it helps to get more ideas.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Re: Assign to do task shared mailbox not authorized

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately we can't email the individual mailboxes so i have to stick to the original plan. I have however thought of a potential workaround but don't know how to execute it in Nintex.

The user that clicks the link from the email in the shared mailbox can delegate to himself, this part is easy, however, rather than waiting for an email to his inbix, i'd like to redirect the URL at this point to take him/her to the task page. Is this possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply