cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

Assign multiple users/group of users to a task but only send one email

Hi,

I am trying to set a Request Data task to a group of SharePoint users, is there anyway I can have it send the email notification to one user within that group (a generic account) and not everyone else?

Similar to the above I have 1 user how who receives tasks from a generic account. I want the task to send the notification to that email account but also assign him as the person doing the task. I can set both as the task assignee but then both accounts receive the emails when I only want the generic account to receive the notification.

Thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Assign multiple users/group of users to a task but only send one email

Hi everyone,

Would anyone have any solution to this.

I want to be able to assign a request data action to multiple users which I have done by assigning the action to a SharePoint group with several users in it.

I only want the request data action to send 1 email to 1 specific user in that group which is a generic email account all others users monitor.

Is this possible?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Benjamin,

I would change Task Notification to None, and create Send notification task separately.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Adrian,

If I have have the request data action, set the delivery type to none and have a send notification action under it.

How can I make the workflow progress to the send notification action when its waiting for a response from the request data action?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Benjamin,

you can try to do it using parallel actions, in one node request data in second notification with URL to the task with delayed start to be sure you will get TaskID.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

This workflow is a SITE workflow. It queries a list for all items that are active and approved. Then it sends 1 email/task to the responsible party of the contracts up for review with a link to the [Me] view on the list.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Andrian,

This works well.

I capture the task ID in the Request data action and use it to build the url string back to it.

To avoid using a pause in the parallel action, anyone know if its possible to use a variable in the wait until action instead of list items? In this case it would be the integer that stores the task ID, default value is 0. So I want the flow to pause until the task id does not equal 0.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply