cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kindum86
Nintex Newbie

Archive inactive lists and sites

Jump to solution

we have more than 200000 lists in different SharePoint sit collection and sites  and also we plan the migration to sharepoint online before do migration we want to archive lists when it is inactive, how to do this?

Thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Archive inactive lists and sites

Jump to solution

Are you using a tool for migration? I would recommend looking into the migration tool or possibly a PowerShell script that can identify all sites for archiving and handle that. This relieves the need to use a workflow and potentially have other issues come up.

To achieve this with a workflow you would need a way to query the sites and find something specific about then, then perform a move or list template. This would need to be done with REST calls and the call web service actions. Since this would be the same as performing them in PowerShell, I would recommend that unless you get a tool like Sharegate to do a lot of this also. 

0 Kudos
kindum86
Nintex Newbie

Re: Archive inactive lists and sites

Jump to solution

Thanks for your suggestion I did using Sharegate

@eharris04 wrote:

Are you using a tool for migration? I would recommend looking into the migration tool or possibly a PowerShell script that can identify all sites for archiving and handle that. This relieves the need to use a workflow and potentially have other issues come up.

To achieve this with a workflow you would need a way to query the sites and find something specific about then, then perform a move or list template. This would need to be done with REST calls and the call web service actions. Since this would be the same as performing them in PowerShell, I would recommend that unless you get a tool like Sharegate to do a lot of this also. 

0 Kudos